March 30, 2014

Tatts The Way I Like It

First thought: Tattoos. Especially with those legs!  I'm not a fan of them - especially on women, although places as the small of the back, nape of the neck, high on the thigh are discreet enough.  Bold ones down arms and shoulders and legs look like bruises from a distance and spoil the look of some clothes - especially summer outfits. It's a personal choice but there are so many regrets following them!   My second poem comes from personal experience. I was gonna kill my daughter that day!!   My older son's covered in them!  Well, he's got 3 but 2 are quite big....!

From paper to skin then on view to the world -
rubb-a-dubb hard as you can
You'll never get rid of that blessèd tattoo
you're stuck with that git of a man!

Perhaps then with more inky winky -
change his face into somebody new
A heart-throb or family member?
Sometimes any old bugger will do!

Nope. You're stuck with a prominent mug shot -
(like a bruise from a distance) it shows
That the artist made grave overshadows -
the eyes, bottom lip and the nose!
 
All the boyfriends that were sure to follow
took offence at that grinning buffoon!
Staring at them from over her shoulder
ending romance a tad-or-too soon.

My advice to the ladies who brave it
is to ink with some caution and choice
Or end up forever in long sleeves
break your heart or be fluid's rejoice!

Such bother to fix the offensive
by laser, or tainting more skin
Needle a lady-like crevice?
Better run well before you begin!
 
****************************************************************************************************

Don't Even Ink About It!

I found out that she was off abusing
her flawless skin with a tattoo.
A life-long and insane decision
without thinking of thinking it through !

Is it gonna be rude or revealing?
Something completely absurd?
Ended up being fairly artistic
by way of a cute ladybird !

As a mother it felt part assuring 
things turned out to be not so bad.
Till I found it was inked on her left boob -
first and last tattoo she ever had !  

*****************************************

12 comments:

anne marie in philly said...

I'm not much for tats either; but hey, to each his/her own.

Kathe W. said...

I feel the same way- our kids have not gone the way of ink- thank goodness!

ariverflowsby said...

do you have any?

Cait O'Connor said...

Wise, heartfelt poems written from experience.

Belva Rae Staples said...

This made me laugh. I've never gotten a tattoo for a couple of reasons. 1. I can't think of a single thing I need permanently affixed to my carcass. 2. I don't like the mental image of an 80 year old with wrinkly arm or butt with a tattoo on it.

Stafford Ray said...

The husband of one of my girls had her name tattooed on his arm, then she divorced him! Lesson learned, I hope!
You do have a way with verse!

Anonymous said...

yes....us peeps know you're not fond of tuttoos....ged it..?!lol

Silent Otto said...

Ha ha sounds like youve had plenty of experience with thus , Lena , white knuckle ride on the edge of your seat to see what they come home with !

Tess Kincaid said...

Charming as always...

Jennifer Wagner said...

So true on that first one and your second one made me laugh! Great titles on both.

There are some tattoos I like and some I don't, but I suppose it is that way with anything, as well all have our own tastes.

Stacy M.S. said...

i always get a kick out of your poetry...so entertaining. thank yo for all the great reads!

stacy lynn mar
http://warningthestars.blogspot.com/

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I like "don't even ink about it." This write was full of fun plays on words.