May 20, 2009

Coming Clean

On my bus trip into town today, I was gobsmacked at what I witnessed two stops hence. A young mum was travelling with her youngster, a gorgeous little girl, who was contentedly sucking on a bottle of milk. Next thing you know (and usually for no apparent reason) the kiddie lobs the bottle on the floor then cries for it. So mum retrieves it, inspects the teat, and promptly handed it back to the grizzly kid. The old geezer who was sitting in front of me, smelling of what can only be described as a mixture of B.O. and Haze, with a fleece covered in dandruff and dog hairs, sits tutting and staring across to where the young lass was. As he gets up to get off at his stop, he gives the young mum a mild ticking off for giving back the kiddie 'contaminated' rubber. She was only young and squirmed a bit in her seat but didn't tell him to 'fuck off' as some teenagers would. I was gobsmacked! Struck dumb. Had it been a old 'Marks and Sparks' pensioner I'd have been more vocal about it!

I can't quite remember it all, but I know I've fished some weird and scary things from my own kiddies' toddler mouths. I mean you turn your back for a second they're sucking the muck off worms! That is why God blessed us all with an immune system - and soap and water. So there endeth my sermon in God's wonderment for today. I'm just glad the bottle didn't land in the old sod's lap - however clean and pure his own values were!
9:44 PM

2 comments:

menopausaloldbag (MOB) said...

Yup, you are so right! Too many kids are mollycoddled (is that how you spell that daft word?) and get everything flippin ailment going because their immune systems are weakened. Still, I drew the line at my pal scraping used chewing gum from hot tramc in the summer with a used ice lolly stick - too gross for words! It makes me heave just thinking of it now.

Tim Atkinson said...

Wierd - let's hope those genes haven't been preserved for future generations.