January 13, 2012

In With The New Spew

This year is to be my positive year.  I'm not your typical resolution sort but I am determined to stick to the plans as much as possible.  Granted, I'm not one for planning way in advance as Lady Luck usually pays an unexpected visit and scuppers things for me by the designated date. If only I kept a diary or journal of my life's complications but the entries may not convince some.  Bridget Jones hasn't the slightest look in.  But (in no particular order) I'm focusing on:

1. Losing a bit more weight.
2. Decorating the bog.
3. Working on a manuscript
4. Buying a mobile.
5. Organizing the biggest charity gig Central Scotland has ever seen.

Number 1 :  I have lost around a stone (through illness) and am now using this as an incentive to diet and kick up a healthier lifestyle. Walking miles is probably the burner I enjoy most but toning up via an ancient leisure book with Mad Lizzy Web (if you remember her) from 1989 does the trick just as well as a local Bannatynes, We-Rob-You-Blind, Gym. Getting down to 10 stone by spring would be dandy!



Number 2:  For almost a year now, I've had to pee in the water boudoir with cement walls staring back at me.  This is a symbolic nightmare if you're a little egg bound. At least with the old wallpaper you could make faces out of if you forgot reading material.  I don't care how big the little room is, he's in for a sizing real soon.


Number 3:  As you (mostly) know, I adore my Magpie Tales and Short Story Slams.  Sadly, not as many old regulars (before joining these popular groups) seem interested in the creative side now posted in my blogs, although I do still get passing comments on everyday/general stuff published from them.  Poetry may just remind them of school days and after a hard day's work who wants reminded of English in Room 35 where old leather-patched arse-bore, Mr. McFeely shoved rhyme and Dickens down your throat till dry-boak bell went!   Even so, I'm liking the thought of putting on paper the mad ideas, storylines and dialogue that flit through my head in perpetual paths at quiet times. My confidence would never seek publication for this but I'd be interested to see how far and where the pen would take me.


Number 4:  You should see the funny looks I get when I reveal that I don't own a mobile phone. Relatives, customer services, application forms ect, presume everyone has one. Four years ago my even-then-hand-me-down number dropped and broke.  I have not replaced it since.  It hasn't made my world any less complicated, it's always going to be shit.  But the only thing I can positively  commend these things for is emergencies.  They're handy for a number of other things too, like turning you into a gofer,  getting tutted at on public transport, losing on public transport, falling into lager glasses, being mugged over,  ghastly ringtones, cheating and infidelity.  I'll leave it another year, (despite the kids offering to buy me one) and see if communicating by other means fails in comparison. If it does, I've matches, sticks and a blanket .


Number 5:  I'm 'thinking' (don't want to use the word PLANNING for now) of holding a massive charity gig.  This time for two causes - Canine Partners and a Pink Ribbon Breast Cancer charity (after my recent scare).  Both my sons' bands would be playing, as well as a few others.  Ideally, I would like an older band to perform, to cater for the age-rangers, but unless an ex-blogger returns and writes here again (and comments!) I may have to personally rip the spot from them and perform myself!


The difference this time would be a more prestigious venue. Canine Partners recently played a charity gig at Gleneagles Hotel (all hired and paid for by some rich car supporter) but a closer to home venue (Central Scotland) is a must!  Perhaps the university hall would do for one of 'these' gigs.  I'd have the help of the other charity organiser this time, so that takes the pressure off a little.  I'll mull things over with my best mate, Liz, (gonna try convince her to go!) at my  birthday bash' in Behind The Wall later on this month.  My sons' bands Hotel India and No Need For Idols (see sidebar for entertainment value) but for now you may want to click on this link for the star of the show who'd be there on the said night too.  


http://helenshere.blogspot.com/2011/11/pup-popstar-and-press.html


********************************************************

No comments: