March 27, 2012

Tiggy-Tags and Sunny Hags

 As the undisputed Queen of 'getting there eventually' (and often not at all!) I am now about to answer the meme from the wonderfully talented and delightfully dippy Thingy on Saturday.  I am doing this for fun mainly.  I love reading others' answers to meme's. Some don't like them but I think they are a fabulous and  quick way to really get to know others. So here I honestly go (I'll try not to offend anyone!).

Attention: I have copied and pasted the wrong Q's!  These were the ones SENT to Thingy!  I'll get the right ones tomorrow! Doh! It's all this freaky weather's fault!
*******************************

1) Q: What is your first memory?

     A:  My twin sister and I were spending the day with my dad and my mum got home to us smearing the windows with butter as my dad was out in his beloved garden! About 2 we were.

2) Q: If you had a camera as a child, what was your favorite photo?

     A:  I can remember having a view-finder as a child, and loved the 3D images. But I was cat mad even back then so any moggy would likely have done!

3) Q: What is your favorite meal?

     A:  Lamb Korma (from my local Indian - no other can touch it!) with Häagen-Daz Pralines and Cream Ice Cream to follow.  I'd happily live on that menu forever!

4) Q: What super power would you like to have?

    A:  One with invisibility.  I'd love to sneak into a GP's surgery and listen to what they really say - and write - about people in their files after they've gone. The word 'neurotic' must be in mine somewhere!

5) Q: What is your favorite junk food?

A:  Oh, my! Jelly Babies or Pear Drops.

6) Q: What book are you reading now?

     A:   Ignore the one I have on my sidebar - I gave up on that!  I'm actually reading one called Dog House by Gina Moxley.  Found it under my son's bed (a place I rarely visit!) so got into it quite by chance.

7) Q: Do you have a personal hero/heroine?

     A:  Two female and one male. Debbie Harry - whom I've loved forever and my guilty pleasure - Judge Judy. Ain't missed an episode in 15 years. She's flawless and reduces kids to tears in seconds. Wonderful viewing! My dad was my real hero, but Brett Anderson and his fabulous lyrics come a close second despite my dad calling him 'that Jessie with the floppy hair!'



8) Q: Your favorite city, and why?

     A:  London. Mainly because my baby girl lives and has married and settled down there. Kerri resides in the quieter part of Buckinghamshire but takes me into the heart of London. It's manic, fast, full of weirdos, has Camden and bits of Banksy all over the place! I'm a real town girl.  She though, has not long returned from New York!
 
9) Q: What is your favorite movie of all time?

     A:  Sweet Hostage. A made for TV film from 1975 starring a young Martin Sheen (his sons never did share HIS youthful good looks) and an even younger Linda Blair. All about a mental patient who escapes and kidnaps/rescues a chore riddled teenage girl and takes her away to his Xanadu in the mountains!  He loves poetry and proppur grammur and fings and while trying to teach her values in life, they end up lovers. I could watch this film on a daily basis and I never fail to cry at the end. Not available in shops ( but my brother could download a bootleg copy for just £4 ) but it is on youtube. It'll break ya heart, guy!  Some stills:

Harold and Maude, The Luzhin Defence, and Lolita all run a close second.

10) Q: Do you, or don't you like to camp, and why?

      A:  I effing-well hate it!  Lest it be for a festival you won't catch me on grass for long - not even my own garden!  Camping is boring, creepy, and I end up with all sorts of winged insects in my hair! God - even when I went fishing with my hubby (at the start) I needed wine, guitars, walkman, books, puzzles, anything to break the monotony.  No. If I'm going to be a boring git, I'll do that in luxury.

11) Q: Could you give up your car?

       A: Quite easily as I don't drive but I think my hubby would have something to say about it!

*******************************
To end this post, I have to comment on the recent weather.  Parts of Scotland have today broken the record for having the hottest March ever.  It has reached 74° which is just nuts!  

Desperado's will have gone and swapped over the winter wardrobes and boots for flip-flops ect.  By 7.30pm the temperature plummets back to normalish and it gets dark.  This is to last until the weekend and now that a butterfly or two and DC10 bees have made a deluded appearance has only added to the sun-worshippers' mania. 

 Last year we had snow in March.  That's more like it. There's an old Scottish proverb that goes: 'Nae cast a cloot till May be oot.'  which more or less means don't trust it's summer until it's June.  And I can tell you, buddy, putting those ice-scrapers to the back of the garage is perhaps a little premature. I'd bring them back to the easy-reach box near the door the next time you get that lawn mower out!
 ***********************************************************************************************************        Thingy's Ones:

 
1) Where's the creepiest place you've ever been and why?
  
   An old school friend's house for a stop over. Her mother said two monks appear in her bedroom some nights. She also was very fond of brandy so I didn't totally believe her. I kept my eyes open all night nonetheless!.


2) If  you could change your accent, what would it be?

I'd love to speak with an Irish accent. I helped my son with this accent for his drama exam and held a fairly convincing tongue!



3) Have you ever Paid It Forward?

Not sure what this is to be honest, but I've certainly  'paid in advance' on a number of occasions! 

4)  You can only save one  Davinci's Mona Lisa or Van Gogh's 'Starry Night'?

I'd save old ear-slicer!  His artwork amazes me. I've had so many prints over the years. My fave is the sunflowers.

5)  Do you carry an emergency pack in your car? What's in it?

I certainly do. Two plasters, 2 lip gloss, one eyeliner, mints and a nail file!

6)  If you were given a five minute shopping spree, where would you go?

The Yankee Candle store. We have a small unit in our shopping centre and I spend ages just sniffing the fragrancies.  Some beautiful concoctions and they last. It's a fairly small shop so I reckon I could clear the place out in my five minutes!

7)  Bungee jump or hot air balloon?

Hot air balloon!  With the size of my boobs, a jump may turn into an injury rather than fun, so I wouldn't risk it!

8)  What is your favourite restuarant and why?

The Gulnaar Restuarant in town.  It has the best Korma sauce in the world! 

9)  If you could switch lives with someone for just one day, who would it be?

Simon Baker's wife!

10) Did you have a mentor and do you still stay in touch?

Quite simply my father was. I miss him so much.

11) If you could only eat one food item for one whole week, what would you chose? 

Haagen-Daz Pralines and Cream ice cream.


  ********************************            

6 comments:

Maggie said...

It doesn't matter which questions you answer. I thoroughly enjoyed them. Yes, she hates camping! LOL.

Your friend, Dippy. : )

Helen said...

You are so right about getting little peeks into the lives of the folks we enjoy reading .... mine is on my Living Boldly blog. Great fun.

ariverflowsby said...

Our wether, also, is nuts!! One of the hottest March ever recorded!
Maybe it is the hottest! Smoke and dust! Seems like there is a fire almost everyday in the Black Hills, of South Dakota. Much sickness going around due to breathing problems. I'm recovering form pnemonia and sinus infection.
Doc says it might be 3 months for I'm right as rain.

Helena said...

Thingy - thank so much. I enjoyed that, hadn't done one for ages!

ps.....Dippy = full of fun, stuff and nonsense and young at heart. A compliment, I should add!

Helen - I'll check it out!

Richard - Oh, my! I'm sorry to hear that. You must have been well knackered! Do take it easy on your road to recovery. What a double blow for you!

Shers - Thank you for your comment! My twin and I have never felt each other's pain (physically) but there have been times that has spooked others out! I may blog about it, now! Here's to your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

great emergency kit

Jenny Woolf said...

Love these answers. Since you insist, I'll try some Haagen Dasz pralines and cream icecream. Just out of curiousity, you know.