August 06, 2011

I Proms-ise To Love You Forever.......

                                 Ashley playing to the masses on holiday......!
                                              

Today my daughter and son-in-law celebrate their 7th wedding anniversary.  It will be a day to remember for always. Lunch at the Ivy in London and off to South Kensington with my twin sis to watch the Proms at the Royal Albert Hall. Something probably done a million times before but there's an added bonus.

My twin's son, Ashley, has been chosen to play in the wind section for tonight's performance, starring Nigel Kennedy. His instruments of interest are the baritone horn and trombone. The timing for the double celebration was magical. I'm thrilled for all four of them.

Ashley's greater talent came shining through after landing a place at Chetham's School of Music in Manchester. Unlike his cousin's (PrettyBoy and NorseGod) for one so young he decided to take the classical route instead of the manic minions of rock and pop. And I couldn't be more proud. I have just watched (again) his soloists' video performance of Sång till Lotta and it gets more hauntingly beautiful with each listen. Sadly, I cannot access a link to share it here meantime as you have to be a Facepuke friend of mine to view it...!

The performance is being recorded and broadcast on telly next Saturday (13th Aug). My eyes will be straining to catch a fleeting glimpse or more of this little genius.  His grampa would've been ever so proud and loud about it, too.  Fill up 'em lungs young man and blow away any doubts you ever had. It's in the blood! For now, here's a sneaky snap that 'escaped' from the performance last night. The young blonde guy sat in the back row, resting his trombone is our little genius!

3 comments:

Kirsty said...

That's an amazing achievement, Helen. Yours was always the house with loads of instruments and records. Top marks to the little guy!♥

Anonymous said...

The Proms is the most looked forward to show on BBC2. Young talent shines through in a variety of ways and classical is even more admirable. Sang Till Lotta is a favourite of mine. Good luck to the young man highlighted.

Helena said...

I think The Proms is more a performance than a show, but what the heck do I know about class...??

My nephew is a talented young man indeed. I'm sure he'll have a very rosy (and brassy) future.