April 12, 2015

A Sole And Her Sea




Walking home late from the tracks of my past
I peer at horizons, with souls ever vast

I breath in the sea air, and cry to the night
as front waves appear in the sodium light

As lonely an isle with a lighthouse of love
whose beam is fast fading and yet to shine of

No lovers returning, no aquatic potion
just cold crashing loss between hearts and the ocean

Yet under the water swim thousands of you
temperate actions and hullabaloo

Shifty and scared, brave, taking chances
bullying, battling, swift primal dances

Gathering shoals of different kinds
colours that blend, others that blind

Shaping your world as nature intended
instinctively loving, a partner defended

I could capture you all, my ultimate prize
tossing back those I may come to despise

With all of you fishes held under the sea
can't one come ashore and try capturing me?
******************************


6 comments:

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I enjoyed the playfulness of your take this afternoon Lena. I like the title too. ♥

Other Mary said...

Ah, a lovely merman poem!

Michael said...

if only one would. if only...

^.^ said...

Lovely poem, Lena, it reads like a song ... this ocean girl turned prairie girl says: Thank you for sharing your art ... Always, cat.

Berowne said...

Sprightly and engaging; well done.

Tess Kincaid said...

Love the ending...