July 22, 2014

The Fruit Loop


Forgive my passing footsteps and not stepping in your store
Despite your displayed fruit and veg being a brilliant lure

You see, my hubby grows his own, despite those grubby nails!
His hard work goes to highest lengths and nature then prevails

He grows fantastic produce, due to mighty love and care
Spends more time out in other beds than our one up the stair!

From apples, pears and strawberries, broccoli and beans
He's a man of many textures, sizes, smells and shades of green

So forgive my meantime absence, and now *cough* please beg my pardon
For I have an  effing genius who rules the entire garden

How tropical he makes the taste, a greenhouse full of mixture
Around the world in 90 days, one hot and glassy fixture

Though summer never lasts that long, right to the end he'll toil
To the last exhausted fruit that's saying goodbye to the soil

Until winter takes a hold again, I'll have to pass you by
I'm getting portions of my 5-a-day, from my green-fingered guy!

**************************************************


10 comments:

Kathe W. said...

ahhhhhhhhhh lucky lucky you!

^.^ said...

O, the words ... fruit loops ... brings back memories ... there used to be a cereal by that name ... my kids liked it a lot ... called them ... loop loops ... and brings to mind ... gaspetty instead of spagetty ... smiles ...Love, Helena ... thanks for making me smile ... cat.

Jinksy said...

Hat's off to all green fingered gardeners! :-) And to a lady who can write about one in such a fun way.

Eddie Bluelights said...

Perhaps he will keep things in proportion at the end of the season . . . . lol nuff said . . .
Loved this very amusing poem ~ Eddie :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

"green-fingered" loves are the best.

Ginny Brannan said...

Well at least you know (whose) beds he's been into!! And it's that sense of a job well done that brings contentment to "all" aspects of our life!! Loved the playful feel of this cleverly written piece!

Eddie Bluelights said...

Just stopped by to say hello and to see if you had had a go at this week's prompt -I found it difficult.
Cheers ~ Eddie

Stafford Ray said...

Have you left town... or opened a corner store?

Catch My Words said...

I wish my husband grew fruits and vegetables. Lucky you.

http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

^.^ said...

Where are you, Helena? ... miss you! ... Love, cat.