June 23, 2013

Pertaining To The Party


Got the message? Understand?
Meetings by the underhand.

Perfect groups in perfect style
If you don't fit - they will revile

Clinks of glass, to please the clique
The same tobacco brands they seek

Slunk away in woodlands heart
No harder heartbeats to dispart

But pity them, for all is lost
Once icy minds start to defrost

Just take a step back, leave them to it
It's their choice and so can screw it 

All to pieces, sweet hereafter
Vanishing with wanton laughter

Poor fine examples of the screen
Those courtesans of magazines

 I don't usually lean so heavily on the picture or information about it, but I'm a rather lazy bitch lady today.
***********************************************
 ps....I also hang around These Fun Parts

17 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

But pity them, for all is lost
Once icy minds start to defrost


... and yes, it happens eventually.

Tess Kincaid said...

Always delightful...

Maggie said...

You are good when in a lazy mood.

Love it.

Lyn said...

"For all is lost"...say it isn't so! Love this "movie"!

Nana Jo said...

Now, if that's lazy, words fail me! A very enjoyable read.

Berowne said...

Clever and rather subtle...

Optimistic Existentialist said...

"Once icy minds start to defrost"...I love it.

Helen said...

Love the confrontational way you began this poem .. and kept going and going!

Other Mary said...

Oh well done! I like the angle you've taken here.

Aiza said...

Clinks of glass, to please the clique
The same tobacco brands they seek

.. And I remembered my good old friends. We never got the chance to hang out again. Busy lives. Thanks for the tour back.

izzy said...

Definitely did not do the 'magazines'; our group was very loosey-goosey! : )

Susan Anderson said...

"courtesans of magazines"

perfect

=)

Silent Otto said...

Delightful spell !

jabblog said...

I love the punchy start and the misery that follows when people struggle to fit in.

Unknown said...

Vanishing with wanton laughter...
What a fine writing,Delightful.

Unknown said...

I like the way you opened your poem, but I really loved the fine print at the bottom! That made me laugh!

Little Nell said...

Excellent! Once again you've triumphed when I couldn't even get going!