June 20, 2013

No Need For Handel?

PeaPod and his band  No Need For Idols have taken a step in a new direction musically.  One of his friends' parents have approached them and booked them for their daughter's wedding reception in a few months' time.

Apparently the wedding is consisting of classical music during the ceremony, NNFI, for the earlier evening slot, where the guys will be playing mainly covers requested by the bride and groom, and at night a good old get-up-and-dance-with-the-uncle-you-hate disco.

The boys have been asked something rather unusual but nonetheless touching. To write a song dedicated to the pair of idiots  couple for their first dance. Somewhat unique. They'll be given background on the intended and some guidance and approval from the money-drained, 'happy' parents and see what inspires from there. There will also be a professional recording of the song as a keepsake, too!

Now, I don't know if this sort of thing has been done before. Personally - I'd have far more fun with my quivers and clefts and all things, composing songs for the newly divorced. Get me my guitar and get me down to that patent office NOW!

*************************************************

4 comments:

ariverflowsby said...

Party for the newly divorced? Great idea! Lots of booze I suppose....

Nana Jo said...

My sister attended a divorce party last year and the theme was Bon Jovi's 'You give love a bad name'. There was also a kind of lopsided wedding cake with a large knife stuck through the top. Dubious taste but funny!

Geo. said...

Everything will go perfectly. No, I am not psychic but how do we know I won't be? The band will adjust to hated uncles of diminished mobility and a good time will be had by all.

Jenny Woolf said...

Aw how cynical :D
It's a wonderful and exciting opportunity to have the chance to compose something special. And I am sure it will be absolutely lovely !