February 11, 2013

Some Day


There's this place I visit
almost every day.
A charming and enchanting
little sidewalk street cafe.

There flits my darling, Renee,
taking orders with a smile.
Swiftly cleaning tables 
in her own artistic style.

I peer into my coffee, yes,
I love the girl to death.
A brush against me leaves me  
catching what's left of my breath.

In her eyes I could lose myself,
she'd make my clogged head sing.
But exchanging simple niceties
rarely means a thing.

Will I ever have the courage
to simply ask her out?
Can't she hear this trapped heart beating
or the soul that's shouting out?

Guess I'll just continue sitting here 
and order sweet latte.
Accompanied by extra cream and
a slice of iced dismay.
*************************************************************

12 comments:

ninotaziz said...

You sent me back in time Helena...

Optimistic Existentialist said...

The only change regretted is the chance not taken...

Little Nell said...

He's going to get fat on all the cream and iced dismay. Go on pluck up courage!

Helen said...

Oh ... Go for it ... just GO FOR IT!

Susan Anderson said...

Yeah. What Helen said.

Well done!

=)

Lyn said...

Forget the latte...that's for later. But "slice of iced dismay"..powerful!

Lolamouse said...

As my father in law used to say, "Sh**&^% or get off the pot!"

Lolamouse said...

Oh, and best of luck to your daughter and hubby!

Wayne said...

nicely done....enjoyed your words...thanks

Tess Kincaid said...

Ah come on...ask her!

Anonymous said...

like she made my clogged head sing

Initiated Kiss

~T~ said...

"a slice of iced dismay"
Brilliant!