May 24, 2013

Hued Have Guessed It....?

I have reluctantly enrolled in an art class during the school summer holidays. I needed quite a bit of convincing as I'm a latent doodler and love the sound and feel of scritchy-scratchy pencils and charcoal shadings but I'm bravely going to be reaching for the brush with all it's textures, silky swishes, colliding and clashes

They say art in itself is a form of magic, so I'll be wishing those little splash introductions of colour and powder-lust will eventually bring the finished article to life.......

*****************************************

7 comments:

Geo. said...

Best wishes on your art class. I have doodled for over 60 years and still learn from happy accidents. There seems to be and endless supply of them so drawing and painting routines are constantly changing. There is a measureless fun in that.

Optimistic Existentialist said...

Good luck in your art class! That'll be fun!! Is that Patrick Jane from The Mentalist?

Jon said...

Art - much like writing - is an invaluable form of therapy. Delving into the arts is more satisfying than carrying a sub-machine gun. Sometimes.

Good luck on your artistic endeavors!

Unknown said...

You'll be the new Bob Ross!

holli said...

I've always envied artists. I can barely draw a stick figure. Thank you for your support on my blog and comments. It means a lot !

Rick Watson said...

Get lost in your art and let it take you places you've never been.

Helena said...

That sure is, Keith. He could 'list' my 'mentals' any day.