October 09, 2010

October Paths & Fallen Leaves

Your path is the one I walk through the  most
Once I take careful steps as I climb from the boat
There I would falter, there I would shine
As the sun had your shadow stand behind mine.

I'd turn and I'd face you, a breath-taking sight
My funny Helios, my sunny delight
The fire would be roaring, the shack would be warm
Soon in the wood house we'd cook up a storm

You'd play me the song that was written for me
I'd laugh at the words, let your reckoning be
Then I'd help sweep the leaves that had clogged up the path
Soon we'd lazy away in our pine vapour bath

Morning, she came with vigor so hard
Mother was dealing her powerful card.
Leaves would be gone and replaced all with white
Then you'd have to move on by Her seasonal rite

Until next September, my sweet woodland friend
When the greens turn to amber and two hearts transcend
In that rickety boat I'll appear through the mist
In the autumnal weeks will you only subsist
******************************************************************
                             Fallen Leaves.........!

Autumn came and Autumn went
Crispy leaves all Heaven sent
Then it rained and soaked the path
Slid and fell right on my ass!
Now leaves were wet upon the ground
All curled and shades of gold and brown
Though careful where I put my shoe
It wasn't leaves but doggy poo!
Autumn came and Autumn went
Crispy leaves all Heaven sent.

16 comments:

Brian Miller said...

oh i so love the first one...arriving in the boat...the warm cabin...i used to live in a cabin years ago, heated only by a fireplace...nice mag.

Friko said...

the first one sounds nice, I wouldn't mind being in that one myself.
But the second one is laugh out loud funny, and so much more realistic.

Angie Muresan said...

The first one is my favorite. Sounds so cozy.

Oddyoddyo13 said...

I love how you rhyme your poems...the rhythm that comes with rhyme is fun. :)

Reflections said...

Cozy cabins near the shore... nice.

and how many times have I slipped on the wet leaves of a rain soaked path... all too often.

Nice magpie

Anonymous said...

Lovely Just lovely. Love and Light, Sender

Vinay Leo R. said...

i like how u played with the image.. getting the boart in the photo! :) lovely word to follow it :D

Helena said...

Brian, thank you.I've always fancied a shack in the woods. I'd shit myself at every creek, but at least I'd get peace there!

Friko - Your one of the gang who's humour I adore.

Angie - thank you. And for stopping by.

Cheers Dani -Oddy, Oddy, Oddy, Aye Aye Aye....lol

Reflections - I thank you. It's nice to know that we slip worldwide!

Senderupwards. - thanks for the visit. I absolutely love your posting name!

Janice said...

Two enjoyable poems...falling on your ass, an unpected rhyme, made me laugh.

Helena said...

Leo - that's me! A real player....! Well, I'll never grow up....!

Hi Janice - Every year. The same!

Tumblewords: said...

Beautiful piece - a dream to hold.

Mary said...

Oh Lordie, the second one was a hoot. I laughed and laughed and laughed! I could just picture it.

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed both these posts - thank you for sharing

Anonymous said...

Invite you to try the prompts at Writer's Island...

Kathe W. said...

your first poem is so luscious...but the second one brought me back to reality laughing out loud.

Lydia said...

(I am only now getting around to reading Magpie #35 at other blogs. Thank you SO MUCH for your comments on my #35; they made my day! Have been so behind that I won't allow myself to even look at the prompts for #36 and #37 yet....)

The first one is mystical and totally captivating. Loved it. And the second one? Well, hilarious, and I am so in need of laughing these days that I thank you for the tonic!